If your are facing thefloack radio problem in your GM or Chevy car, they there is no need to go to a mechanic shop, you can DIY it. You need to start your car and radio, press and hold preset button untill 3 digit code appear, press FM/AM button to get an other 3 digit code, no w provide these code to dealer ship to get a 4 digit code to enter in radio system and unlock it.
If you own a Chevolet or a GM car then your car has an amazing theft lock radio system. This system locks the car if someone try to break into the car or try to manupulate car electronics.
Its an excellent security feature but with a very serious drawback and that is it lock the car if car battery dies or get disconnected during any maintenance.
To whom ever this happen, he must has wounder how to unlock the GM radio in a GMC Chevy car. Well that not difficult at all, you need a radio code and your dealer ship number to unlock the lock theft lock radio.
In this article, we will show you some simple steps that you can follow to easily unlock the radio in a GM car or Chevy car.
How to Unlock The Radio in a Chevy Car?
Chevy is one of the most used car in USA and in its early models of late 90s it had the theflock radio system. That system locks itself if your chevy car battery dies or was disconnected for any reason.
Following are the setps to follow to unloack the Chevy theflock radio
- Put the key in car and turn it to on position to turn off the car and they start the radio
- There are preset numbers on your radio, press and hold 2 and 3 preset number until a three digit code appears on your radio screen. Note this code on a piece of paper
- Now press the FM/AM button from the radio dashboard. Notice that another three digit code has appeared on the display. Note this one too and remember to maintain the sequence in which you get them.
- There is a phone number for the Chevy radio code 1-800-537-5140. Dial the number. When dialing, press the 1> 0> 6> 0> 1> 0 digits sequentially and finally press #. This will allow you to consent to the radio code recovery system.
- Now enter the two three digit codes you get at once keeping the order in which they were provided and then press * at the end.
- Just after that, you will get a 4-digit code. Write this code down.
- Turn on the car again and the radio. Enter the 4-digit code into your car’s stereo system using the minute and hour buttons on the radio dashboard.
- Lastly, unlock your Chevy radio by pressing the FM/AM button.
How to Unlock The Radio in a GM Car?
Now is the time to know what to do to unlock the radio of a GM car. Like the previous one, this one is going to be a lot easier. So don’t worry, just pay attention.
- First, insert the key and switch on the car. Then turn on the radio properly. Notice that the message “LOC” appears on the radio display. This means your GM car’s radio is locked.
- There are preset numbers on your radio, press and hold 1 and 4 preset number for 10 seconds and then a three digit code appears on your radio screen. One thing to keep in mind is that if the radio dashboard does not have a 1 and 4 preset button, press 2 and 3 presets instead. Note this code on a piece of paper.
- Now you need to get the second 3-digit code. All you have to do is press the AM/FM button on the radio. Right after that, another 3-digit code will appear on the display.
- Contact your GM dealer and provide this 6-digit code. They will deliver you a unique 4-digit code to enter in your car radio. Note that 4 digit code as it may cost you money depending on your dealer ship.
- After receiving the 4-digit code, turn on the radio again. Enter the 4-digit code into your car’s stereo system using the minute and hour buttons on the radio dashboard.
- Now unlock your Chevy radio by pressing the FM/AM button.
- If you see the “SEC” message on the display, it means your GM car radio is unlocked. However, if the “INOP” message appears, then you have entered the codes incorrectly.
Now don’t panic if the radio displays “RDS” instead of “LOC”. However, the concern is that the “RDS” message means that you will not be able to unlock the radio by yourself. So the solution? Go to a licensed GM dealership and raise the issue. They will fix it.
What if you don’t see any message and the radio doesn’t work at the same time? This means that the problem is probably somewhere else. In this case, there is no other way but to take the help of a skilled mechanic.
Whether it’s a GM car or a Chevy car, unlocking the radio of any car is not a difficult task at all. For example, after reading this article, you have learned how to unlock the radios of a GM car and a Chevy car very easily.
You just have to follow the right procedure. Then we believe that you can unlock the radio of any vehicle without any cost. At the same time, we believe that our informative article will help you a lot.