NAPA batteries are sell under the brand name NAPA Auto Parts. NAPA Auto Parts is owned by the Genuine Part Company but both NAPA and GCP does not manufactured NAPA batteries. NAPA batteries are manufactured by East Penn Manufacturing in USA.
In automobile driving sector specially truck drivers need a powerful battery like the NAPA battery to ensure quality and long lasting performance by vehicle. As NAPA an automotive battery brand is one of the most reputed brand so question who makes NAPA batteries usually came across.
NAPA Auto Parts is a big name is automotive industries and with more than 6,000 stores they are one of the major automotive spare parts supplier. NAPA Auto Parts itself is part of Genuine Part Company GCP, world one of the biggest automotive original equipment manufacturer.
So NAPA batteries are officially deliver under the name of NAPA auto parts and are owned by the Genuine Part Company but neither NAPA nor GPC manufacturer NAPA batteries.
Who Makes Napa Batteries? Important Events, Facts & Figures!
In 2009 NAPA Auto Part company sign a deal with East Penn Manufacturing to manufacture and sell their Deka battery brand under a new name of NAPA batteries. East Penn Manufacturer has the America biggest 520 acre batteries manufacturing facility.
So NAPA batteries are manufactured by East Penn Manufacturer company, are sell under the name of NAPA Auto Parts and are Owned by Genuine Part Company.
- On 1925, A small group of sellers made the NAPA (National Automotive Parts Association) in Atlanta, Georgia, US.
- Fast forward to 1928, the GPC (Genuine Parts Company) was born in Atlanta, Georgia, the US to provide top-notch auto parts.
- in 2009 NAPA signed a deal with East Penn Manufacturer to manufacturer NAPA batteries.
- After some years, the GPC start to acquire most NAPA member companies and acquiring was completed in 2012.
- Now NAPA Auto Parts (Napa Batteries) are owned by GPC.
- Key People: In NAPA & GPC, the Paul Donahue is the Chief Executive Officer (in May 2016) & Chairman (in April 2019).
- Industry Style: Retail.
- Manufacturing Facility: Berks County, Pennsylvania.
- Number Of Employees: More than 52,000 employees.
- Distribution Centers: Up to 57 areas.
- Market Present: Around 50 countries and more than 1,000 locations.
- Headquarters: Atlanta, Georgia, US.
- Founded: 97 years ago (around 1925).
- Auto Parts Stores: More than 6,100 nationwide.
- Annual Profit: Up to $1.8 billion in 2021.
Overview Of Manufacturing Facilities
Both EAST Penn and DEKA stand on another level to make the quality batteries that meet the NAPA and GPC standards to call ‘top-notch’. Let’s learn about their manufacturing traits!
With a total of 10,500 full-time workers and 515 design plans, this manufacturing facility has the Man, Machine, and Method all at once. The EAST Peen has the 33rd Annual “Spirit of NAPA” award for its wonderful effort.
This is a research and development corporation that contains more than 400 engineers, technicians, and other manpower.
Types Of NAPA Batteries
The automotive and truck battery is mostly categorized into 3 sectors based on the power level to ensure better performance. Here’s the detail of each:
AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat)
This type of NAPA battery is filled with advanced lead-acid to ensure seal-free, mess-free, and carefree performance. Its main job is to ensure the 2 most essential things, and these includes–
- Provide starting AMPs in greater power.
- Operate electronics for a longer period of time (last 2x times more than conventional batteries).
It’s a special kind of NAPA battery that contains LFP (Lithium Iron Phosphate chemistry) to provide better safety and drops power. Most charges automotive use this kind of power start.
To provide a top-notch level and strong performance, most drivers use this kind of NAPA battery. The main goal of The Legend is 3 in total which include –
- Deliver top-level starting power.
- Offer high reserve capacity to find power in an emergency.
- Running inside and outside parts smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are NAPA batteries any good?
They are fantastic if you think of safety and power in the first place. Apart from that, they ensure to last longer with an assurance of quality, performance, and strength.
2. Who makes NAPA AGM batteries?
The NAPA AGM batteries are made by GPC company in East Penn and DEKA manufacturing facilities. However, it was Johnson Controls and Exide who used to make the NAPA AGM batteries in the factory.
3. Are NAPA batteries made in the USA?
Yeah, they are built in the USA as the company and its parent brand GPC are both made in the same manufacturing facilities.
Out of all, no one can touch the level of NAPA batteries for modern and passenger cars. Now you have complete knowledge about who makes NAPA batteries with inner info of brand, factories, some figures, and battery types.
Plus, you’ll find the most-asked queries so that you can leave this content by learning everything.
Hope this guide helps you to provide the topic-related details with some fun facts. Catch You On Next Guide!