Over inflated tires are not good in any conditions as they can make it difficult to deliver by reducing traction and will result in high tire wear in center threads. Good news in you can deflate car tires in 5 minutes and only need pressure gauge and a screw driver to do that safely.
Experiencing bad driving taste, and high tire wear, these are some of the signs that indicate overinflate.
It is a big no for driving, and you must fix this by deflate the tires. There are some techniques to follow else deflating will cause more harm to the tires instead of solving the issue.
So, how do deflate tires without damaging them? Using a proper gear available at all auto-mechanic workshops is the only solution of this question. Deflating using DIY technique can easily deflate one tire more than other result more harm than good.
Let me show you the methods with proper directions so you can follow them without harming the tires!
Warning: Use jacks under the truck if you are going to deflate the tires completely in one go.
How To Take Air Out Of Tire With Machine?
Having good skills with tools and ideas will help you deflate the tire easily. Oh, I forgot to mention you’ll need to grab the user manual to see if the method suits your tire or not. Now, let’s get into the procedure.
Step 1: Collect All The Supplies.
Releasing air from tires is easy if you do it using tools. It will not only save your time but also ensure fast and pro-level results. Here is some idea on the tool to release air from tire –
- Pressure Gauge
- Screw Driver
- Needle Nose Plier
Step 2: Measure Tires Pressure
In this step, you have to pick the pressure gauge and use it on 4 tires to measure out the pressure value. Keep in mind that all tires need to have a specific PSI level (30 – 35 PSI on most cars) which is mentioned in the user manual.
So, check that before deflating or doing changes. If you don’t know how to measure the tires pressure, here’s the method:
- Locate the air valve
- Detach the plastic cap from the air valve.
- Take pressure gauge that is cordless and mess-free like the AstroAI Digital Tire Pressure Gauge.
- Insert the pressure gauge tip on the valve and wait for a couple of seconds.
- It’ll show some digits on the LED indicating the pressure level in PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch).
Step 3: Deflate Your Car’s Tires.
After reading the pressure level on the pressure gauge, its time to deflate the tire if you needed. Here’s what you need to do –
- Use a screwdriver or needle-nose plier to put pressure on the valve metal pin.
- You need to do this in very small intervals and check the PSI using the pressure gauge after every interval.
- Continue deflation in small intervals until desire pressure is achieved
- Repeat the process to deflate all four car tires if needed.
In case you want to let out air completely, then follow the given method without skipping a step –
- Insert car jack under the car and lift car from the front and back tire side.
- Grab the needle-nose pliers and insert them directly into the metal pin (inside the air valve).
- Hold it via the same tool and twist it counter clockwise. It’ll ensure fast deflation.
- Wait for the tire to fully deflate.
- After that twist the metal pin clockwise to its initial position.
- Insert the valve cap back in its place.
- Continue the above steps to deflate the other tires.
The procedure of how to deflate tires without damaging them is pretty straightforward which would take around 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
Be sure to turn off your car and place it in a level area before doing the above methods. Any inclination can be bad for deflating the tires.
Now that it’s all clear to you, try the above technique based on your situation and hope you get satisfying results. I’ll Catch You On Next Guide!