Every 2 years, it is necessary to repaint the car so that it can last you long. You have to get rid of the dullness, peel, and things like so that make the car look ugly overtime.
To take professional services, you might need to know how much does it cost to repaint a car. It can charge you between $2,000 for low quality paint or $10,000 for top-notch paint. The charge differences can be due to the color, model, tax, labor, and other stuff.
If you are interested on this topic, then keep on reading this guide till the end. Let me explain the whole stuff!
That’s How Much Does It Cost To Repaint A Car.
Sometimes you need to re-paint the car in different colors which causes the difference in the total cost of car repaint. For your understanding, I am about to share the average charge of car re-paint cost depending on color.
Cost To Repaint a Car Black.
Although it can cost a lot or less based on your techniques, here’s how much does it cost to repaint a car black.
- DIY Repaint of A Car To Black: $200 – $500 (including roller, brush, paint, and other tools prices).
- Repaint The Car Black on Paint Shop: $600 – $5,000 (including re-spray, sand, cleaning rust, and so on).
Cost To Repaint A Car White.
The color white is usually not expensive. Let me show you how much does it cost to repaint a car white.
- DIY Repaint Of A Car To White: $150 – $400 in general.
- Repaint The Car White On Paint Shop: $4,000 – $5,000 on average.
Cost To Repaint A Car Red.
With a rich-like appearance, the color red is the most expensive which most would simply avoid for two reasons. Obviously, the cost and the attention it grabs. The second one, some people would love though. Let’s see the repaint cost.
- DIY Repaint Of A Car To Red: $800 to $2,000 on average.
- Repaint The Car Red On Paint Shop: In between $5,500 to $9,500.
Cost To Repaint A Car Gray.
It’s a white and black mixture shade that can be gloss or matte in texture. The gloss type is pretty costly than matte. Here’s the cost of repainting the car grey.
- DIY Repaint Of A Car To Gray: Around $300 to $600.
- Repaint The Car Gray On Paint Shop: $700 to $8,000 in general.
Cost To Repaint A Car Blue.
Blue is one of the classy shades that suit all vehicles. It can be pricey or inexpensive based on different paint shops. Take a look at the given list of repaint costs.
- DIY Repaint Of A Car To Blue: Not more than $400 to $600.
- Repaint The Car Blue On Paint Shop: Approximately $900 to $4,500.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is repainting a car worth it?
Yup, worth it! This single action will help you get the benefits of a rustproof and smooth surface with a cool color on the exterior of the car. It will add both value and beauty which will last for around 10 – 15 years with care.
2. How long does it take to repaint a car?
It can take around 2 to 7 days based on the condition of the car. If you have to repaint the car fully, then it will take 1 week at least. However, for small projects like repaint on car doors only, it will take 10 – 40 hours.
3. Is repainting a car as good as factory paint?
No, not at all! It’s true that repainting the old car is like renewing the exterior with a nice shade while getting the facility to fix out the rusts and dents. But it will never be as good as factory paint as it’s like pro-level work.
4. Why should you paint your car?
There are tons of reasons why nearly all folks tend to paint their cars. Most of the time, it’s due to maintenance and care. And, this includes:
- Neat and clean exterior look.
- Protecting the exterior from sunray and rain damages.
- Ensuring no rust or scratch that can ruin the appearance.
It’s fine to repaint the car to get back the good looks. But for that, you need to have the right idea of exactly how much does it cost to repaint a car.
Keep in mind, it can cost more than the given range based on the quality of paint and services. Plus, some models are hard to paint, polish, and sand which causes extra expense.
If you are confused and tight on budget, then try the DIY repaint techniques. And if there’s no such issues, go to the paint shop and get the car repainted professionally.
Hopefully, this guide helps you to get the exact info that you needed. I’ll catch you on the next guide soon!